1. Make a scrapbook of all your favourite Christmas photos.
2. Learn something new- sign up for a class or get yourself onto a course.
3. Christmas wind-downer #1: Have a post-Crimbo detox. Loads of water, fresh fruits and veg. Spa day? Yes.
4. Get your blood pumping with a new way of exercising. Water polo? Trampolining? Line dancing? Have fun and shed a mince pie or two.
5. It’s not too late to decide on your New Year’s Resolutions. Here’s a handy guide.
6. Christmas wind-downer #2: commit yourself to a new book series or TV show, then cozy up, huddle down and enjoy.
7. Throw yourself into that hobby you’ve always wanted to try. No more excuses!
8. Plan your next holiday (allowing time for daydreaming).
9. We hope you haven’t forgotten to write all your thank you cards! While you’re at it, why not send messages to all those people you didn’t see over the holidays?
10. Bring your spring clean forward and clear out your clutter. Recycle all those scraps of wrapping paper, donate or sell any unwanted gifts and hoover up the bits of Christmas tree. You could even re-organize the furniture if you’re feeling extra ambitious!
11. Use up your leftovers in stews, soups and sandwiches.
12. Hold off those sniffles by eating lots of oranges.
13. Christmas wind-downer #3: Relax your body and your mind with a few simple yoga poses. Follow with ten minutes of meditation/ a nap.
14. How was last year? What did you achieve, what were you proud of? Write it all down and reflect on how awesome you are.
15. Don’t forget the birds at this chilly time of year! Hang up a bird feeder and fill it with an assortment of lovely seeds, or cheer them up with home made treats!
16. Empty your wardrobe and have a big sort out. Get rid of all the things you never wear by donating them to charity or holding a clothes-swapping party with your pals.
17. Christmas wind-downer #4: Gather loved ones, order pizza and have a movie marathon night.
18. What time is it? It’s January sale time! You will need comfy shoes, an early start and at least a vague idea of what you want. Go, go, go!
19. January 27th is national chocolate cake day. You know what to do.
20. Catch up on all the internet-ing that you might have missed during all the festivities.
22. Write yourself a letter to be opened this time next year, thinking about where you want to be and what you want to have done by then.
23. Sort out your Christmas decorations before you put them all away for next year. Dispose of broken ornaments, re-thread errant baubles and wind lights around a sheet of card to keep them in order. You’ll thank yourself for it next year!
24. Give yourself a make-over for the new year, whether it’s a new hairstyle or a change in attitude.
25. Do something for charity- this is a difficult time of year for so many people.
26. Open a savings account and think of some ways to scrimp this year. You’ll be glad you did! (Refer to number 8 if you need motivation.)
27. Consider your carbon footprint and think of some more eco-friendly ways to go about your days.
28. Can you go without booze for 31 days? Give it a go and raise funds and awareness for Alcohol Concern.
29. You know all those little errands that you’ve been putting off? Get ‘em done now! That means visiting the dentist, getting your shoes re-heeled and sewing buttons on things.
30. Make the most of every day!